UPDATE: This article has been updated in November 2016 with the latest information. Read carefully, as this can help you earn more money from Adsense.
The Google Adsense Ads can Place up toa. A Highest possible of three AdSense for content systems (text, picture or rich media) on per web pages.b. Only three AdSense link ads (horizontal or vertical) we can place on one webpagec. Only two of the Google Search Boxes on one web page (it can be Google custom search as well but make sure the Google logo is visible)..
Google AdSense program does not permit AdSense ad value to be placed in email and news letter. Nor are you permitted to add AdSense ads in application, technique resources, browser tools, extensions etc. The The look for AdSense value may be integrated only on web-based pages.
We all know that AdSense is (to date) the best contextual, high-paying ad network.
But AdSense also has very strictly enforced program policies. If they find that a website is in violation of their TOS, they will permanently disable the offending account.
It is very important to follow AdSense’s quality and program guidelines in order to avoid having your AdSense account banned.
Here’s one of the most common questions new bloggers ask:
- “What is the maximum number of AdSense units I can put on a page?”
Google AdSense offers different types of ads and most are categorized in the following formats:
- AdSense Content Unit
- AdSense Link Unit
- AdSense For Search
(AdSense used to offer AdSense video units as well, but they ultimately retired this option.)
Here are the maximum AdSense ad units allowed for a web page:
If you are established bloggers, you will know that Google offers following types of ad formats, categorized as following –
- AdSense Text/Display unit
- AdSense Link unit
- AdSense for Search
AdSense Content Units are available in following sizes:
Personally, I have found 336*280 and 160*600 to be the most effective.
Google AdSense team have added following ad formats very recently –
- AdSense Page Level Ads
- AdSense Matched Content [Matched Content may not be available for your site]
Here are the maximum Ad units allowed per page accordingly by Google –
- You can place a maximum of three content ad units on a particular web page.
- You can also place three link units on a single page.
- You can atmost place two search units on any web page.
- You can add one Page level Ad unit on any web.
- You can add one Matched Content Ad unit on any web.
If you are asking more, then let me tell you that – by the time you ad those ad units, your page will be full of ads. If you are willing to ad more, then you can do it but from different ad network, Google is ok with it but I wouldn’t recommend you to do that for several reasons.
If you are new publishers, your account is on watch by AdSense back-end team and anything fishy will definitely lead your account for permanent termination. Maximum ads that you can place on web page is same as that of established blogger [mentioned above] but since you are new publishers, Click Through Rate [CTR] should be watched. Many expert suggests that it shouldn’t be more than 3%. As such I would recommend you to decrease the number of ads units that you can display until you become professional in the field.
Some suggestions that I can offer you –
- Place a maximum of two content ad units.
- Links units have performed very well for me and it should for you as well. Blend the Link unit ad color with your theme and place them above the fold.
- You can add one AdSense for Search Unit. Since you are new publisher and your website traffic is too low, very less percentage of people will use it. I am not even using it on any of my blog.