On Feb 18th The VideoLan has released the VLC 2.0. It has improved Graphical User Interface and amazing features, like the ability to open more media formats, professional HD and highly anticipated support for Blu-Ray media formats. This is released for all platforms including the Android and iOS devices, providing new audio and video outputs and faster hardware decoding.
- Open the terminal in Linux and type the following command.
- It will ask you to enter the admin password , then you type admin password and hit enter once it asked. After execution of this command following window with command will come.
Download and install the VLC 2.0:Now click on this link to install the VLC 2.0 on your Ubuntu System. Click here.
- Now open up the Ubuntu Software Center app.Click the “Install” button on the right.
- Now once you click on Install button it will ask you for the admin rights and password. Input it and let this to download and install the VLC 2.0.
- Now as it is installed you can add VLC 2.0 shortcut icon on the Unity Launcher by clicking the “Add to Launcher“ button situated on the lower right side. When the installation is over close the Ubuntu Software Center app.
- Yes all done VLC is downloaded and installed on your Ubuntu system.