Facebook has finally started Video Calling. Together with Skype, Facebook has launched its first ever Video Calling option on there website. Facebook Users can now not only chat but they can now see their face to face! So far there are no latency issues and video calling loads faster and works without pauses or any other pros. You don’t need to install any software or application to make this function work. Below you will find some useful Facebook video calling tips.
How do I set up video calling?
To start a video call with a friend you will first need to do some setup:
- To call a friend, click the video icon at the top of your chat window.
- Simply click the “Set Up” button and follow the easy instructions for how to set up video calling on your favorite browser.
- Once installed successfully the video call will start automatically or you can ring back your friend by clicking the video call button at the top right corner of your friends profile
How do I start a video call with a friend?
After the one-time set up you are now ready to make your first call:
- Visit your friend’s profile and click the “Call” button in the top right corner. You can also click the video icon at the top of the chat window.
- When your friend answers, be patient and wait for sometime till both your web cams are inter connected.
- If your friend is unavailable or offline, you can leave a video message. That’s indeed more like Yahoo’s Voice service.
For all these steps to correctly work you must make sure that both your webcam and microphone are connected to the right slots and are in a running condition. You can still use video calling even if you don’t have a webcam. You will be able to talk to and see your friend but your friend will be able to hear your voice only.