Microsoft has released Windows 7 with some advanced feature and good appearance. Computer users are very much enthusiastic to check out the new Windows 7 by Microsoft.
But if you do not have DVD drive in your PC or Laptop then a big problem you would face while installing it in your computer. In this scenario the Usb Pen drive plays an effective roll. You can install Windows 7 from your USB pen drive/disk. There are various way to install the Windows 7 from Usb drive.
One thing let me say that if you are applying this tutorial through Windows XP i.e if you are using the command prompt in XP then it won’t work as the “list disk” command does not shows the Usb disk in the disk list. So use windows Vista or Windows 7 to apply this tutorial. Once you have made ready your Usb Pen drive for installing Windows 7 from it then follow the next steps.
What we need
- The Windows 7 ISO file.
Note: You can download Windows 7 from web or copy it from the Windows 7 installation DVD. In the second case you have to copy the content in your USB drive from the computer which can read DVD.
- A Usb flash disk/drive with a memory greater than 3 GB.
- Plug-in your USB flash drive to USB port and move all the contents from USB drive to a safe location on your system.
- Run cmd.exe by typing “cmd” in the Run command in your windows start menu.
- In the command prompt type the following commands:
- select disk 1 ( be careful* )
- create partition primary
- select partition 1
- format fs=ntfs quick
* Note: The set of commands assume that the Usb drive is addressed as “disk 1”. So double check that by doing a list by the command “list disk” before cleaning it.Now your Usb flash drive is ready to use for installation.
Copy the content of the Windows 7 installation DVD. In case of ISO file just extract the ISO file in your Usb flash drive/disk. After completion of copying you can boot computer from the Usb flash drive ( Change the boot option in your BIOS setup. Make the Usb hard disk as the first boot option ).
- Plug / Insert your pendrive to your PC and restart the system.
- Now Enter the Bios system accordingly by pressing the key delete.(This may vary some times it will be F2 or F12. It depends on the type of your system. Any how during the start up your system will display which key to press to enter the Bios).
- Now select the USB/ Pendrive as the first boot driver.(Set the first boot priority to USB drive.).
- Now save the settings in Bios and restart and you will be able to Install Windows 7 using that pendrive.